The Institute of Directors (IoD) Wales, in partnership with Cardiff Business School, has launched its annual search for the country’s most successful business leaders.
The 2023 Director of the Year Awards aim to recognize the success of directors representing a wide range of businesses, organizations and sectors across Wales.
Applications for this year’s awards are welcome until Friday 17th March 2023. A shortlist will then be published ahead of the awards ceremony which will take place on Friday 12th May at ICC Wales, Newport.
With sponsors such as Educ8, Sony Technology Centre, Iterate, Welsh Government, S’Investec, Development Bank of Wales and Tantrwm, the awards will once again be a celebration of all the achievements of directors, over what has naturally been another very difficult 12 months for business.
This year, a new category of international director has been added. Nations Director Jo Price said: “The number of companies in Wales doing great things on the international stage is to be applauded; we therefore decided this year to add this category to allow these administrators to be recognized.
IoD Wales Chairman Richard Selby said:
“The Manager of the Year awards provide us with an opportunity to celebrate and publicly recognize the high standards of leadership and business we have here in Wales.
“2022 has been another volatile year for businesses, so it’s even more important than ever to recognize the resilience, commitment and dedication of directors who have gone above and beyond the call of duty.
“The team and I are delighted that this year’s ceremony is once again taking place at ICC Wales, and we look forward to welcoming familiar and new faces to the event.
“As an organization we are committed to providing opportunities and networks to develop and develop our directors here in Wales, and these awards are testament to the hard work of everyone involved.”
The IoD Director of the Year Awards recognize outstanding achievement and leadership by directors from Wales in 10 categories:
- Director of the Year – non-executive – sponsorship available
- Director of the Year – Innovation – sponsored by Iterate
- Director of the Year – Youth – sponsored by Sony Technology Center
- Director of the Year – International – sponsorship available
- Director of the Year – Skills Development – sponsored by Educ8
- Director of the Year – Start-Up Business – sponsored by the Welsh Government
- Director of the Year – Equality, Diversity and Inclusion – sponsorship available
- Director of the Year – Sustainable Development – sponsored by S’Investec
- Director of the Year – Public/Third Sector – sponsored by Tantrwm
- Director of the Year – Small and Medium Enterprises – sponsored by Development Bank of Wales
Professor Rachel Ashworth, Dean of Cardiff Business School, said: “We are very proud to sponsor this annual celebration of excellence in Welsh business leadership.
“Businesses of all kinds have continued to operate under the most difficult circumstances. Despite these challenges, their leaders have remained focused on supporting their businesses to make meaningful societal and economic contributions to Wales and around the world. A mission that we share a lot as Public Value Business School.
The Director of the Year Awards are open to members and non-members, for more information on the awards and how to enter please visit here