The nomination deadline is approaching
Photo: Wayne Moore/File
Lloyd Nelson (L), 2021 Kelowna Citizen of the Year
The deadline to nominate a deserving man, woman, business or organization for the 48th Annual Kelowna Civic and Community Awards is fast approaching.
The nomination period closes on Friday, February 10.
The awards recognize outstanding achievements and contributions by individuals, businesses and other community groups to the city each year, as well as achievements in athletics and the arts.
The applications are sent to different selection committees which then vote on three finalists including one winner.
Criteria for each category and nomination forms are available on the City of Kelowna website.
Completed forms can be submitted by email or printed and delivered in person to the Parkinson Recreation Center or City Hall.
The 13 categories include:
- Citizen of the Year
- Young Citizen of the Year
- Male and Female Athletes of the Year
- team of the year
- Bob Giordano Coach/Administrator of the Year
- environmental champion
- Business Community of the Year
- Volunteer Organization of the Year
- High School Male and Female Athlete of the Year
- Honor in the Arts
- Honor for Teenagers in the Arts
The winners are announced at a gala in late April.