Comedian Ferdinand “Vhong” Navarro returned to “It’s Showtime” on January 17, signaling the resumption of his career after being released from prison in December.

    “Thank you my showtime family! Thank you, my God, for making this possible. Na-miss ko kayo, Madlang Pips! Navarro posted on Instagram with a photo of his family “It’s Showtime”.

    Vhong Navarro with Vice Ganda and other “It’s Showtime” hosts and staff (Vhong’s Instagram)
    Vhong Navarro with his wife, Tanya (center), and lawyer Mariglen Abraham-Garduque on December 6, the day he was released from prison (Contributing photo)

    Navarro was detained from September to December last year on a non-releasable arrest warrant issued by Branch 69 of the Taguig Regional Trial Court in relation to the rape case filed by model Deniece Cornejo.

    In a December 5 ruling, the Taguig court granted Navarro a bail request for 1 million pesos. He was released from the male dormitory at Taguig City Jail on December 6.

    Navarro returned to “It’s Showtime” just four days after the Taguig court denied Cornejo’s appeal, which sought to vacate his bail and put him back in jail.

    One of his lawyers, Mariglen Abraham-Garduque, collaborating adviser during his bail application, welcomed the return of the star to the television show.

    ” I’m happy for him. This is the first step for a full recovery,” said Abraham-Garduque.

    She added, “Naiyak ako when he cried in Showtime (I cried when he cried in Showtime). I’m also very grateful to him when he thanked me. It’s a pleasure for me to be one of his lawyers in the bail application.

    Navarro’s rape trial will begin Feb. 16 at RTC Branch 69 in Taguig. According to the timetable published by the court, the trial will last until 2024.

    The Taguig court denied Cornejo’s appeal to vacate Navarro’s bail after finding that the appeal was filed without the approval of the Taguig city attorney’s office.

    “From the outset, a reading of the present request readily reveals the absence of any compliance on the part of the Office of the Attorney for the City of Taguig (‘OCP-Taguig). The Supreme Court has repeatedly emphasized that criminal actions must be pursued under the direction and control of the prosecutor,” the Taguig court said.

    She stressed “that the compliance required of the prosecution was not a mere superfluity and was necessary to pursue a criminal action. A private party does not have the legal personality to pursue the criminal aspect of a case, because it is the Filipino people who are the real interested parties. The criminal case must be placed under the direction and control of the public prosecutor.

    “Thus, when the public prosecutor does not comply with the pleadings of a party, the latter does not have the legal personality required to pursue the case. In this case, there is no compliance by the public prosecutor. Since the motion for review concerns the presentation of prosecution evidence, it involves the criminal aspect of the case and, therefore, cannot be considered without the compliance of the prosecutor,” the court added.

    He said: “Applying the foregoing rule and case law, the present motion deserves little consideration from this court. Therefore, the premises examined, the motion for reconsideration with motion to bar is hereby dismissed for lack of merit. »

    Navarro welcomed the court’s latest decision.

    “Thank God,” Navarro told Abraham-Garduque upon learning of the court’s decision. Navarro added that he will never stop thanking God, according to his lawyer.

    SUBSCRIBE TO THE DAILY NEWSLETTER

    CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP

    Source link

    Leave A Reply